Avocado on toast with tomato salsa
heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K
- 2-3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 3 limes grate the zest then juice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10g fresh coriander leaves
- 10g dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Mash the avocado with the olive oil, add half the lime juice and the zest.
- To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, capers, remaining zest and juice.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread, then rub one side of each piece with the cut side of the garlic.
- Leave the bread to cool down.
- Spread each side with the avocado mixture and top it with the salsa.
- Sprinkle over the cumin seeds, the chopped herbs.
- Finish by adding salt an pepper to your taste