Brunch Braised eggs
Good source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.Iron and calcium . Good protein.
- 2Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 large onions, finely chopped or 2 leeks
- 4 large ripe tomates, skinned and diced
- 1 tablespoon chutney or plum jam/apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 200g fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 100g goats cheese /feta
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan place the olive oil and heat slowly, add the cumin seeds and let them simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the onions or (leeks) and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent in colour.
- Boil the kettle and pour the boiling water over the tomatoes to remove the skin and peel.
- Dice the tomatoes and add to the onions and let this simmer for 20 minutes until they are all soft.
- Add the chutney or jam to the tomatoes and the stock if it is to dry.
- Using a large spoon make six indentations in the mixture and break the eggs into each space.Sprinkle the eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Dot the goats cheese or the feta cheese around the eggs.
- Place the raw spinach on top of the eggs and place the lid on the pan.
- This will cook the eggs and spinach it may take about 5 minutes,dont cook it for to long as we dont want the eggs to become to hard !!
- Serve straight away.