Curry Coconut dal soup
Folate, magnesium, iron, Vit C and Vit K
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, washed and drained
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can /400ml coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Fresh parsley chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
This is a fast and easy, yummy soup for our cold winder evening over Christmas.
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil ,add the onions, and cook until they are soften for about 10 min .
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Stir well and cook for about 5 min, if you find it is a little dry add some water.
- Add the lentils, carrots, tomatoes, coconut milk and the remaining broth. Slowly bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir the soup and break up the lentils a little to give it a smoother feel to it.
- Serve with the squeezed lime juice and a little parsley, season with Salt and pepper if need be.