Sweet potato & white bean chilli
vitamin A, B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, contain no fat,fiber-rich superfoods,vegatable protein
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 red peppers
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 x 400 g tin of cannellini beans(or soak organic beans over night)
- 1 x 400 g tin of tomatoes(or fresh skinned organic tomatoes)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, place in a roasting tray, then toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch each of the cinnamon, cumin and paprika.
- Spread out in an even layer, then roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion. Pick the coriander leaves, then finely chop the stalks. Roughly chop the chilli, then deseed and chop the peppers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan, then add the onion, coriander stalks, chilli and peppers along with the remaining spices.
- Cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the cannellini beans with their liquid, and the tinned tomatoes. Stir, adding a splash of water to loosen, if needed. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes along with most of the coriander leaves. Season to taste and top with the rest of the coriander leaves. Serve over cooked rice with some sliced avocado on top, if you like.