Wild rice, roasted carrot and pomegranate salad.
Vegetable protein,vitamin A (from beta-carotene), biotin, vitamin K & B6. Potassium Calcium, Iron, Magnesium
- 120g wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 225g carrots peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 30g parsley
- 225g cooked chickpeas
Toasted Walnut Dressing
- 125g raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml water
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC
- Rinse the wild rice, then place it in a small saucepan with 1/2 tsp salt. Cover with plenty of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook covered, until the rice is tender and chewy about 45 min.
- While the rice is cooking, roast the carrots.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C .
- Slice the carrots lengthwise and cut into halves and then quarters, depending on their size, and place then on a baking tray and sprinkle with the olive oil.
- Keep an eye on the carrots and roast them for about 20 min.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit and chop the parsley.
- In a large bowl toss the chickpeas and half of the walnut sauce together.
- Place the rice on a flat dish and then place the chickpeas on top, then the roasted carrots and pomegranates and sprinkle the parsley over the dish and serve warm or once cool with the remaining walnut sauce.
For the Walnut sauce:
- Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheets
- Toast until they are golden colour but be careful not to burn them for 7 min.
- Remove them and let then cool.
- Add the toasted walnut and garlic and olive oil ,apple cider vinegar and honey to a blender and blend until smooth and then add water 250ml of water to thin the dressing, slowly depending on how runny you like your sauce.
- Add salt if needed to your taste.
- Add half the sauce to the chickpeas and serve the rest separately with the salad and enjoy .. it is yummy.
- Store in an air tight container and it will keep for 5 days