Foods to balance hormones
- The best way to keep your hormones balanced is to eat a nutritious, healthy diet including lots of brassica vegetables, wholegrains, nuts, seeds, garlic and avocado. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy and junk food.
- High fibre foods like vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains, help to keeps bowel motions regular.
- Brassica vegetables including broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, collard greens and kale are an excellent source of indoles which are phytochemicals, mainly associated with prevention of cancer.
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi are great for gut health and work in the same way that probiotics do.
- Healthy fats, include avocado, nuts, seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, pumpkin), extra virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil.
- Garlic, leeks and onions are also fantastic for gut health