- 4 large beetroots
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves( to garnish )
- Lime wedges to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C.
- lay out a sheet of baking paper and place the beetroots in the middle of it.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil and salt.
- Bake the beetroots until soft and tender about 40 minutes
- Remove form the oven.
- When the beetroots are cool enough to handle, peel them and put the flesh in the blender.
- Drain the chickpeas, rince them with cold water, add them to the blender along with some of the orange zest, lime juice, cumin, oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Maybe add a tablespoon of water if you would like the hummus to be softer.Optional!
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the orange zest and chopped coriandre.