Carrot Cumin crackers
Protein-packed, full of fiber omega-3 Calcium Phosphorus Potassium
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 12 tablespoons/ 180ml water
- 3 cups/300g gluten-free oats/or normal oats
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water/90ml .Set aside to gel, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, pulse the oats until they resemble a rough flour.
- Add the spices and salt; pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer the oats mixture to a larger bowl.
- Add the melted coconut oil, flax seed gel, and remaining 6 tablespoons of water.
- Add the grated carrots and finish mixing
- Preheat the oven 180 C .
- Divide the dough in half and place one half on a large sheep of baking paper and place another sheet of baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until very thin.
- Remove the top paper and cut the dough into cracker sizers according to how you would like them to be. Either round or rectangular. ( I Like rectangular )
- Slide the dough on the paper onto the baking tray in the oven
- Bake the crackers until golden brown about 25 minutes keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
- Repeat this with the other remaining dough
- You should be able to make about 30 crackers.
- Serve with hummus, Avocado dip or just some lovely cheese