Courgette, Pea and Basil soup
vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, potassium and manganese.
- 75 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped into dices.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 courgettes, chopped into 3cm thick slices
- 1 Litre of vegetable stock
- 500g frozen peas
- 50g fresh basil leaves, chopped up.
- 200g feta (broken up into bits for the topping)
- 1 lemon, finely grate the zest
- Salt and papper
- Put the oil into a large saucepan and place on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic clove and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the courgette fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously until brown.
- Pour in the stock, and bring to the boil on a high heat, cook for 7 minutes until the courgettes are soft but still green.
- Add the peas, stir through for 1 minute, then add the basil leaves
- Remove from the heat and, using a blender, blitz until the soup is smooth and vibrant green.
- If necessary add a little water if it is too thick.
- When ready to serve, spoon into the bowls and top with the crumbled feta and lemon zest.
- Finish with a good grind of black pepper and a drizzle of oil.