Emerald avocado salad
Vitamin A, C, D, B-6 Vitamin B-12 Magnesium Calcium Iron
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves or basil leaves
- I large cucumber (English cucumber preferably)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or dried red chilly
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds.
- Sea salt to taste
- Peal the avocados and slice them crosswise.
- Chop the mint leaves, by rolling them into cigars and slice them.
- Cut the cucumber length wise including the skin, into long ribbons.
- Arrange them in layers with the avocado rings on a platter.
- Pour the lime juice evenly over the salad with the olive oil and sprinkle with the pepper flakes (optional) the freshly chopped mint or basil leaves and sea salt.
- Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a starter