Marinated leg of lamb with Chermoula and pine nuts.
Protein vitamin A,C &E Calcium, iron and magnesium, copper,manganese
- Deboned butterflied leg of lamb 2 -21/2 kg
- Chermoula(see below)
- 40g pine nuts, dry roasted in a small pan by adding
- Salt & pepper, pinch of paprika,dried herbs, pinch of curry powder,
- 3 long springs of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of 2 lemons & juice of 3 lemons
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 30g coriander
- 30g flat parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Marinade, the leg of lamb, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before roasting remove the lamb form the fridge and let it get back to room temperature leave it for 1 hour.
- Rub the marinade into the meat and turn it over several times.Pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil into the hot pan and use a good kitchen tongs to sear the whole leg of lamb on both sides to give it a wonderful colour.
- Place the seared leg ,fat side up onto a baking tray and roast at 200C for 40 -50 min.
- Place the pin nuts into a hot pan with the rest of the spices and herbs, brown slowly and watch you don't burn them!
- Once the lamb is cooked allow the leg to rest for a while before carving it into thin slices, arrange the slices on a platter and serve with the chermoula and toasted pine nuts.
- To make the Chermoula:
- Put all the ingredient except the olive oil in the bowl of a magic mix or nutribullet and pulse.Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to form a rich thick paste.
- Recipe done by :Karen Dudley.