Spicy beetroot and coconut soup
Excellent source of folate Manganese, potassium and copper. Dietary fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C, iron and vitamin B6.
- 500g fresh beetroot
- 2Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 600ml veggie stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- sea salt
- finally chopped fresh mint, coriander leaves and cucumber to serve.
For the paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- Put all the ingredients of the paste into a blender and blend until smooth,set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400f/mark 6 .
- Scrubbed the beetroot and place then on a backing dish, sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt and bake for 45 min until soft.Remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- Once the beetroot has cooled down remove the skin and chop the beetroot up into small cubes.
- Fry the shallots and cumin seeds in a little olive oil, then add half the paste and cook for 5 min.
- Add half the beetroot and stock and let it simmer for 10 min.Don’t boil !!
- Just before serving add the rest of the beetroot, the rest of the paste and coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot and garnish with the mint,coriander leaves and finely chopped cucumber pieces.