Spicy Chicken with pineapple salad
Rich in : Vit B3 and C, Potassium & Beta-carotene & Bromelain
- 2,5 cm fresh ginger ,peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bites-size chunks
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- For the salad
- 1/2 fresh pineapple or mango , peeled, cored and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and Finley chopped
- 1/2 cucumber. finally chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely diced or red onion
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper and olive oil to taste
- Combine the ginger, garlic, chillies and lemon juice together in a bowl and mix well or put it into the nutribullet to create a paste .
- Add the chicken and mix into the marinade so that all the pieces are coated.Cover and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl add the yogurt, paprika, turmeric, garam masala and olive oil and mix well. Then add this mixture to the chicken and cover and return to the fridge for an 30 min.
- While the chicken is in the fridge ,soak 8 pieces of wooden skewers in water.
- Pre heat the grill to a medium heat.Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewer and place under the grill for about 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Mix together the pineapple or mango, peppers, spring onion and coriander in a bowl, season to taste with a little Salt and pepper.. olive oil and maybe a little balsamic vinegar
- Serve two chicken skewers each with a nice helping of the salad and lemon wedges.